Saturday, March 25, 2006

Activities for the week of March 27th...

Monday - CT Scan (CAT Scan of the body). This is the procedure we have been waiting for to make the final staging on Chantel's Hodgkins. With the info from this procedure, the Bone Marrow Biopsy to be completed tomorrow and some additional bloodwork, Dr. Savage will be able to firmly diagnose Chantel and determine the timeline of treatment.

Tuesday - CHEMO Round #1. Chantel will be starting her first treatment on ABVD (a nice toxic stew that they dump in you). She will find out later in the week how many of these treatments she will receive based on the results of the staging from Monday. Typically, Hodgkins patients have 6 months of chemo [6 cycles of treatment (2 treatments per cycle for a total of 12 treatments)] and sometimes followed up with radiation. We will know later in the week what the final plan will be.

Tuesday - Bone Marrow Biopsy. Chantel will be undergoing a biopsy on her bone marrow to see if that area has been compromised as well.

Wednesday - hey, its been a rough week so far... take some time with your newborn ;-)

Thursday - Laparoscopy. Dr. Scudamore will be doing a little scouting around in Chantel's abdomen to see if the large mass on her liver is benign or not. This is not too onerous an operation but Chantel's body will be weakened from the chemo, the C-Section, taking care of the baby and her lowered immunity to infection (caused by the chemo on Tuesday).

That will be it for this week. I promise that I will get Chantel to type something... I am beginning to realize that she is the BOSS. I really thought I was in charge for a while ;-)

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend,

YOU were on my mind and in my prayers all day yesterday. I hope that you are okay and that the treatment wasn't too unbearable.
You are now one step closer to recovery...one step at a time you are getting closer to victory!

Just remember that I am always here if you need anything, anything at all, I'm just a phone call away.

Hugs and kisses to baby Marcus...I can hardly wait till the next time I get to hold him.

(Auntie) Melinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home